EGLA SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT MANAGER
This is a parallel education to the Green Lean Project Manager focusing more on Sustainability and Responsibility. This course gives more indepth understanding on the Sustainable Development, Circular Economy and Corporate Responsibility.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone attending development projects as a project specialist or project manager. During the training the trainees are trained in principles of Lean Six Sigma development methodology, DMAIC process, sustainability, responsibility, project management tools, and development project best practices. Learning is supported by one practical project work and an e-learning environment that is available for students a year after the beginning. This way we can ensure that people with different learning styles and abilities can adapt to the development model and attend development projects successfully.
The course includes 26 modules, that enable sufficient understanding needed for working as project managers in development projects. The modules are the following:
- Sustainability and responsibility principles
- Sustainable development process
- DMAIC –a process in sustainability point of view; basics of responsibility
- Responsibility project roles and responsibilities; Gate Review process
- Project planning and Project Management tools
- Creating the Project Plan, Team Selection, Risk Management, Corporate Responsibility
- Define phase
- VSM (Value Stream Mapping) from the sustainable development point of view
- Process Mapping, understanding processes, and SIPOC
- Measure phase
- Activities and observations; Problem Solving tools and measures for responsibility and sustainability
- Analyse phase
- Clarifying Customer Expectations VOC (Voice of the Customer) and SDGs
- Resistance to Change and Change Management
- Quality Function Deployment QFD
- Analysing data; basic tools and methods
- Analysis summaries, evaluations, and decision making
- Improve phase
- 5S/ Visual Management as means to increase responsibility
- Kanban, Poka Yoke, SMED, and other improvement tools
- Evaluating solutions, piloting, and escalations
- Savings and other benefits; presenting improvements
- Control phase; Continous Improvement (KAIZEN)
- Follow-up and reporting; planning for implementation, GRI measures
- Variance reporting as part of the development; Daily/ Weekly management
- Handover to organization and Kaizen (commitment to Learning Organization)
The course duration is 8 training days with 8 hours a day during 8 months period + 8-month studies in EGLA E-Academy. The development project can take up to one year from the beginning of the training. The participants receive an EGLA certificate after the completion of the course and the successful development project
The training includes Lean Six Sigma Green Belt level training as set by international standards and an introduction to Sustainability (Economic Sustainability, Ecological Sustainability and Social Sustainability) and Corporate Responsibility. Sustainable development and sustainable working methods are growing in importance in World Class operations as demand for their partners. EGLA Sustainability offers this to organizations using it both as a tool toward effective operations and marketing providing an edge in global as well as domestic markets.
The training language is usually English, but we have trainers and materials for the growing number of languages.
For the EGLA Sustainability Project Manager certification it is required, that the candidate shows understanding well enough regarding each area of learning. This is confirmed by the tests in the e-learning environment. There is a minimum 80 % requirement per test. As the evaluation base EGLA has used the criteria set by ASQ, IASSC, IPMA, ICF, and other internationally recognized accrediting organizations for Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Sustainability, Project Management and Coaching. Since there are no international standards for Sustainable Development, EGLA has studied the criteria from authorities like the UN, the EU, and different major organizations to create criteria, that give most advantage to organizations looking for additional improvements through Sustainable Development.
The Qualification Project can be made either in one’s own organization, in a partner organization, or by a customer and the minimum duration accepted is 6 months.
More information can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org.