EGLA PROJECT DIRECTOR
EGLA Project Director course is built on the Lean SixSigma Black Belt certification requirements. This is a senior-level education that can take up to 18 months to complete. It is our highest level of education.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone attending in development projects as a Senior Project Manager or Project Director. During the training, the trainees are trained in Lean Six Sigma development methodology, Sustainability, project management tools, basic organizational behavior, and development project best practices. Learning is supported by two practical project works and an e-learning environment that is available for students a year after the beginning. This way we can ensure that people with different learning styles and abilities can adapt to the development model and attend development projects successfully.
The course includes 30 modules, that enable sufficient understanding needed for working as project managers in development projects. The modules are the following:
- Green Lean principles; Lean and SixSigma
- Green Lean development process
- DMAIC –a process from a Green Lean point of view; basics of Sustainability and Responsibility
- Green Lean project roles and responsibilities; Gate Review process
- Project planning and Project Management tools
- Creating the Project Plan, Team Selection, Risk Management, and Communication plans
- Define phase; tools for definition and evaluation
- VSM (Value Stream Mapping)
- Process Mapping, understanding processes, and SIPOC
- Measure phase; evaluating the gap between present and future state
- Activities and observations; Problem Solving tools and methods; Root Cause analysis
- Analyze phase; What is needed to become a truly responsible and sustainable organization
- Clarifying Customer Expectations VOC (Voice of the Customer)
- Resistance for Change and Change Management; Psychology of change
- Quality Function Deployment QFD; exercises and cases
- Analyzing data; tools, and methods
- Graphical analysis methods and tools
- Statistical Process Control; statistical analysis methods
- Statistical analysis tools; using diagnostic tools
- Analysis summaries, evaluations, and decision making
- Improve phase; What needs to be changed?
- Process improvement; where to find improvements
- 5S/ Visual Management
- Kanban, Poka Yoke, SMED, and other improvement tools
- Evaluating solutions, piloting, and escalations
- Savings and other benefits; presenting improvements
- Control phase; Continous Improvement (KAIZEN)
- Follow-up and reporting; planning for implementation
- Variance reporting as part of the development; Daily/ Weekly management
- Handover to organization and Kaizen (commitment to Learning Organization)
The course duration is 11 training days with 8 hours a day during 11 months period. The development projects can take up to one and a half years from the beginning of the training. The participants receive an EGLA certificate after the completion of the course and the successful development projects
The training includes Lean Six Sigma Black Belt level training as set by international standards and an introduction to Sustainability principles (Economic Sustainability, Ecological Sustainability, and Social Sustainability) and Circular Economy. Sustainable development and sustainable working methods are growing in importance in World Class operations as demand for their partners. Green Lean offers this to organizations using it both as a tool for effective operations and marketing providing an edge in global as well as domestic markets.
The training language is usually English, but we have trainers and materials for the growing number of languages.
For the Project Director certification, it is required, that the candidate shows understanding well regarding each area of learning. This is confirmed by the tests in the e-learning environment. There is a minimum 80 % requirement per test. As the evaluation base, EGLA has used the criteria set by ASQ, IASSC, IPMA, ICF, and other internationally recognized accrediting organizations for Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, and Coaching. Since there are no international standards for Sustainable Development, EGLA has studied the criteria from authorities like the UN, EU, and different major organizations to create criteria, that give the most advantage to organizations looking for additional improvements through Sustainable Development.
The Qualification Projects can be made either in one’s own organization, in a partner organization or by a customer and the minimum duration accepted is 6 months.
For Project Director certification 2 qualification projects and advanced studies in the fields of leadership, communication, presentations, Six Sigma, and Project Management are required. This level is based on the criteria set internationally for the LSS Black Belt level.
More information can be requested from email@example.com.