Green Lean Project Manager
Green Lean Project Manager studies will give skills and knowledge to run individual development projects using the Green Lean model, i.e. model combining Lean SixSigma-based DMAIC process, sustainable development tools, and best, proven project management tools and techniques.
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone attending development projects as a project specialist or project manager. During the training, the trainees are trained in Lean Six Sigma development methodology, Sustainability, project management tools, and development project best practices. Learning is supported by one practical project work and an e-learning environment that is available for students a year after the beginning. This way we can ensure that people with different learning styles and abilities can adapt to the development model and attend development projects successfully.
The course includes 26 modules, that enable sufficient understanding needed for working as project managers in development projects. The modules are the following:
- Green Lean principles
- Green Lean development process
- DMAIC –a process in Green Lean point of view; basics of Sustainability
- Green Lean project roles and responsibilities; Gate Review process
- Project planning and Project Management tools
- Creating the Project Plan, Team Selection, Risk Management
- Define phase
- VSM (Value Stream Mapping)
- Process Mapping, understanding processes, and SIPOC
- Measure phase
- Activities and observations; Problem Solving tools
- Analyze phase
- Clarifying Customer Expectations VOC (Voice of the Customer)
- Resistance to Change and Change Management
- Quality Function Deployment QFD
- Analyzing data; basic tools and methods
- Analysis summaries, evaluations, and decision making
- Improve phase
- 5S/ Visual Management
- Kanban, Poka Yoke, SMED, and other improvement tools
- Evaluating solutions, piloting, and escalations
- Savings and other benefits; presenting improvements
- Control phase; Continous Improvement (KAIZEN)
- Follow-up and reporting; planning for implementation
- Variance reporting as part of the development; Daily/ Weekly management
- Handover to organization and Kaizen (commitment in Learning Organization)
The course duration is 8 training days with 8 hours a day during 8 months period + 8-month studies in EGLA E-Academy. The development project can take up to one year from the beginning of the training. The participants receive an EGLA certificate after the completion of the course and the successful development project
The training includes Lean Six Sigma Green Belt level training as set by international standards and an introduction to Sustainability principles (Economic Sustainability, Ecological Sustainability, and Social Sustainability). Sustainable development and sustainable working methods are growing in importance in World Class operations as demand for their partners. Green Lean offers this to organizations using it both as a tool for effective operations and marketing providing an edge in global as well as domestic markets.
The training language is usually English, but we have trainers and materials for the growing number of languages.
For the Green Lean Project Manager certification, it is required, that the candidate shows understanding well enough regarding each area of learning. This is confirmed by the tests in the e-learning environment. There is a minimum 80 % requirement per test. As the evaluation base, EGLA has used the criteria set by ASQ, IASSC, IPMA, ICF, and other internationally recognized accrediting organizations for Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, and Coaching. Since there are no international standards for Sustainable Development, EGLA has studied the criteria from authorities like the UN, EU, and different major organizations to create criteria, that give the most advantage to organizations looking for additional improvements through Sustainable Development.
The Qualification Project can be made either in one’s own organization, in a partner organization, or by a customer and the minimum duration accepted is 6 months.
More information can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org.